Skip to main content

Viper Strike doesn't scale well with pure physical damage or DOT

Viper Strike doesn't scale well with pure physical damage or damage over time (DoT) ailment nodes. It is primarily designed for poison scaling. The skill itself provides 60% poison chance, significant flat chaos damage, and a base poison duration of 4 seconds, which is longer than other poisons. If you want to, you can further increase the poison duration with generic skill effect duration.

POE Viper Strike

Increased physical damage nodes will only affect the base physical damage for poisons, which is not substantial in the case of Viper Strike since you aim to use a weapon with flat chaos damage. Additionally, the 60% physical to chaos conversion in Viper Strike can be a disadvantage when focusing on physical damage. Physical builds often rely on impale mechanics, Brutality support, Pride aura, and Warbanner for scaling damage. Even if you choose not to utilize those options, having a portion of your damage as chaos can result in lower damage output due to enemy resistance to chaos damage.


If you don't use support gems that specifically enhance poison damage or find a balance between scaling your physical hit and poison DoT, your overall damage will suffer significantly.


Furthermore, Viper Strike isn't the best fit for the Ruthless support gem. The gem's quality provides valuable bonuses such as increased attack speed and poison duration, which are crucial for Viper Strike. Additionally, if you opt for a flat chaos damage weapon, you'll need one with an item level of 83 or higher, which can be challenging to obtain in the Ruthless SSF league. Dual wielding can also present difficulties since the difference in damage between your best and second-best weapon may be significant, making a one-handed weapon with a shield more DPS-efficient.


The Pathfinder ascendancy is the most popular and probably the strongest choice for Viper Strike builds. However, it is weaker in the Ruthless SSF league due to significant nerfs to utility flasks. The ascendancy notables Master Toxicist and Nature's Adrenaline are notably weaker compared to the base game.


While I don't want to discourage your exploration and experimentation, it's important to note that your concept is likely to result in a weaker and slower build. It might be more beneficial to start with a build that performs well with minimal gear and allows for a potential reroll when you acquire stronger POE items or POE Currency.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Odin Valhalla Rising will be launched in Korea first

I researched Odin Valhalla Rising based on some YouTuber reviews, and it appears that the game will be released first in Korea, with separate versions for PC and smartphones. Within a month, the game is expected to be released globally in all countries, which indicates that the developers have significant plans for it. Best Odin Valhalla Rising Diamonds for sale -24/7 online -50000+ offers service for you -100% safe & legit However, some reports suggest that the smartphone version will be launched in Korea first, followed by Taiwan, and eventually a global PC version. Since Stadia is using the PC version, it is possible that the game will be available on the platform. While I agree that Korean MMOs tend to have issues with the portrayal of women, I also recognize that they have some of the best details, even surpassing games like TESO. For instance, the armor view in Korean MMOs is always stunning, and the games have mechanics that EU-US developers tend to overlook. Furthermore, e...

Please add these things to Madden 23

Just some advices, please add these things to Madden 23 ... FRANCHISE MODE - (please make a way to pause free agency.) I dont know how many times I've been added to a brand new franchise or doing one myself and everyone is told not to pick up free agents until free agency is announced. Generally when the league has a good amount of players. And someone goes ahead and picks up players anyways. Then starts a whole process of the admin messaging them telling them to release the players. It's very frustrating and time consuming. There should be a way to turn free agency off until the admin decides to open it for everyone. - (more in depth ways to apply rules from the discord to the in game franchise.) This includes gameplay rules like no going for it on 4th down unless down by a certain amount or within a certain amount of yards from the 1st down marker. Be able to enforce rules like no quitting if possible. - (cutscenes in franchise.) This would be a great way to be more in depth ...

Lineage 2M - Mage staff advices

Hello. I used to have an orb of mage char, and recently I'm trying to turn him into as a staff character. However, I have a hard time to balance the mp consumption and health of the farm. I set timers on specific capabilities, but nothing seems work. I'm running out of time either on HP or Mp. So I'm wondering if making a mistake. He's currently 57 lvl. the outfit he's wearing is the avadon robe, 7 shoes from avadon, 6 gloves + 5 doom circlets + 4 dream sigils + 2 mithril shirts of wisdom + 5 necklace of longing +3, and all the other items are green and mostly with those that give the mp recovery ticks. To use a weapon, I have an evil spirit staff with a +8. In terms of abilities The greens I own include dark, tempest battle heal, and concentration spell of uniques. On reds, I have snow storm arcane power as well as grand staff mastery. In my character stats, There are 58 integers and 41 wis, and an Mp recovery tick that is 67. Is it possible to go for the full avad...